Floating Maintenance Technician, Florida
This position functions in a support role to the Maintenance Supervisor, works as a team participant with other property staff and ensures the safety, appearance and operational standards established by the Company. Responsible for various hands-on maintenance duties necessary to maintain and enhance the value of the community, diagnosing problems and making repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, flooring, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structure and appliances. Handles service requests for repairs and improvements of vacant apartments to a market-ready status. Performs all of the above within the quality and time standards established for the community and in accordance with applicable laws and Company policies.
The Maintenance Technician must be willing to work some evening, weekend and on-call shifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares or assists in preparing all vacant apartments to a market-ready condition.
- Performs various community maintenance functions and records findings in maintenance log. These functions may include, but are not limited to:
Light bulb changes
Lock and appliance repairs
Install/repair window coverings
Pool and sprinkler system maintenance
Minor HVAC maintenance
- If applicable, monitors pool and spa chemicals daily and maintains log books as required by the health department.
- Responds to resident service requests and concerns in a timely manner.
- Delivers various communications to residents as needed.
- Performs on-call emergency service as required.
- Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on vacants, models, clubhouse, and/or common areas to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor in monitoring and/or controlling maintenance inventory and/or supplies and controlling expenses.
- Moves heavy objects from one area to another and utilizes a ladder as required.
- Assists the Maintenance Supervisor and Community Manager on special maintenance projects, i.e., preventive maintenance of building components and/or mechanicals.
- Inspects property common areas, apartment units and grounds on a regular basis and works with community staff to make sure that the propertyâ€™s appearance is acceptable and that apartments are ready to show to prospective residents.
- Assists in keeping the grounds and common areas free of trash and debris.
- Works closely with the management and maintenance staff to develop an integral team that effectively represents the quality and professionalism of the Company.
- Maintains the maintenance storage area in a neat and organized fashion.
- Maintains open communication with other members of the community staff.
- Assists other staff members as needed.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attends and participates in training seminars as requested.
- Attends and assists in setting up for resident functions and activities.
- Operates motorized vehicle to pick up supplies and run errands as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent and basic aptitude and understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and functions preferred. Trade and/or technical school training a plus. One plus years hands-on general maintenance experience (i.e., plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, etc.) is required. Must have excellent customer service and organizational skills and be able to lift and work with heavy equipment. Valid driverâ€™s license along with good driving record and auto insurance is required. EPA, CPO, HVAC and CFC certifications a plus.
Ft Lauderdale, FL